It’s been a long haul; spending every free moment when I wasn’t writing, chasing, feeding, or checking cows, to work on this book. It’s been the cause of numerous sleepless nights and mornings up at three or four a.m. to squeeze in extra time, pressure to put forth my absolute best, and the occasional family, hygiene, and suppertime preparation neglect.
This 185 page book has been a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I’ve enjoyed choosing the photos to include with certain essays, and most especially picking out the quotes from my collection of our kids’ quotes over the years. It took a lot of time but I think you’ll enjoy the bonus material in the book.
In deciding whether or not whether this book is right for you, consider the following to help you in your decision:
- You’re fresh out of good bathroom reading material.
- You need some humor in your day.
- You’re desperate for a gift for the company gift exchange.
- You’re a mom.
- You’ve always wondered what ranch life is REALLY like.
- You need something to read while sitting in the waiting room for your appointment.
- You’ve always wanted to know what my husband looks like (for my column readers).
- You enjoy hearing about someone else’s problems because it makes your own not seem so bad.
- You’re curious what A Redneck Mother’s Day entails.
- You’re a farm or ranch wife who never seems to understand what your husband’s hand signals mean.
- You’re a parent.
- You have a farmer or rancher in your family or on your gift list.
- You’re married.
- You prefer books with pictures.
- You like books with interesting characters.
- You need something to read when you can’t sleep.
- You’re an animal lover.
Get your copy of “A Ranchwife’s Slant” $19.95 (plus shipping)